Friday, January 11, 2008

Home at Big Lagoon

I've applied to three graduate programs (in landscape architecture) and am applying to one in horticulture.

I’m staying at Big Lagoon for a while in a cabin with a woodstove. I’ll travel into Trinidad to use the Beach Comber Café’s wireless internet to post on what’s happening here and to search and apply for jobs. Trinidad is also where I’ll shop for groceries and access the (tiny) branch of the county library.

When I’m not in Trinidad, I’ll be wandering along the old trails around Big Lagoon, taking notes for a writing project I’ve been working on for some time, and picking up shells and whatnot to practice drawing. I’m taking these projects, and my life right now, two or three feet at a time. So if nothing comes of this self-exhile or Walden experience, then oh well. We’ll just have to see what happens.

Sure is beautiful.










2 comments:

Ellen Zachos said...

Beautiful is an understatement. Your photos are so evocative; clearly you are taking time to really look at what surrounds you. I envy that and will try to do the same. I hope you enjoy your Walden.

lisa said...

Scenes like this trump city lights every time, IMO!